All the resources on this page are either things I’ve used myself or I learned about from a highly-regarded source in the new economy space. I hope you find this list helpful and that it saves you the hours and hours of time I spent researching it all.
Affiliate Note: Some of the companies listed here happen to offer commissions for online referrals, and some do not. If you make a purchase through one of those referral or affiliate links (indicated by **) this blog will receive financial compensation. It’s an entirely optional (and much appreciated) way you can support this blog should you choose to do so.
Impact Banking – Break Up With Your Mega Bank
Aspiration Bank offers socially-conscious and sustainable banking services and investment products, so you can make money while making the world a better place. (You and I will both get $25 when you open a new account using this link.**)
Take the #BankBlack Challenge and open an account with One United Bank**, the largest black-owned bank in the nation. It’s also a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), which means, it is required to direct the majority of its lending dollars to things that benefit the community (e.g., lending to low-income families, investing in small businesses, etc.).
- Find more impact banking options in this blog post of mine
Sustainable Investment Options
Move your money from Wall Street to Main Street and earn 5% by investing in Worthy bonds. Your money will be put to work fueling small businesses across the U.S.A and providing them access to much-needed capital. (You and I will both receive a $10 bond when you open a new account with a minimum balance of $200 0r more using this link.**)
With CNote**, your investment earns 2.75% interest and supports Main-Street America, funding small business loans, affordable housing, and community development in low-income areas. (You and I will both get $10 when you open a new account using this link.**)
- Locavesting: The Revolution in Local Investing and How to Profit From It by Amy Cortese
- Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity by Michael Shuman
- Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money by Woody Tasch
- Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food With Slow Money By Carol Peppe Hewitt
SRI (socially responsible investing) / Impact Investing – Overview
- The Resilient Investor: A Plan for Your Life Not Just Your Money by Hal Brill, Michael Kramer, & Christopher Peck
- Invest Like You Give a Damn: Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night by Marc de Sousa-Shields
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a financial advisor. The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only. Everyone needs to conduct their own due diligence before making any investment.