All the resources on this page are either things I’ve created, used myself or learned about from a highly-regarded source in the new economy space.
START HERE: A pay what you want 1 hour video presentation by yours truly
If you want to invest your money (and earn a financial return) in ways that address our major social and environmental challenges instead of causing them, but aren’t sure where to start, this guide is for you.
The presentation covers how regenerative investing differs from conventional investing, innovative and impactful investing opportunities outside of the stock market open to non-accredited (i.e. non-wealthy investors), and includes helpful resources and tools to support you on your new investing journey.
Affiliate Note: Some of the companies listed below happen to offer commissions for online referrals, and some do not. If you make a purchase through one of those referral or affiliate links (indicated by **) this blog will receive financial compensation. It’s an entirely optional (and much appreciated) way you can support this blog should you choose to do so.
Impact Banking – Break Up With Your Mega Bank
Aspiration Bank offers socially-conscious and sustainable banking services and investment products, so you can make money while making the world a better place. (You and I will both get $25 when you open a new account using this link.**)
Take the #BankBlack Challenge and open an account with One United Bank**, the largest black-owned bank in the nation. It’s also a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), which means, it is required to direct the majority of its lending dollars to things that benefit the community (e.g., lending to low-income families, investing in small businesses, etc.).
- Find more impact banking options in this blog post of mine
Sustainable Investment Options
Move your money from Wall Street to Main Street and earn 5% by investing in Worthy bonds. Your money will be put to work fueling small businesses across the U.S.A and providing them access to much-needed capital. (You and I will both receive a $10 bond when you open a new account with a minimum balance of $200 0r more using this link.**)
With CNote**, your investment earns 2.75% interest and supports Main-Street America, funding small business loans, affordable housing, and community development in low-income areas. (You and I will both get $10 when you open a new account using this link.**)
- Activate Your Money: Invest to Grow Your Wealth and Build a Better World by Janine Firpo
- Put Your Money Where Your Life Is: How to Invest Locally Using Self-Directed IRAs and Solo 401(K)s by Michael Shuman
- Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity by Michael Shuman
- Locavesting: The Revolution in Local Investing and How to Profit From It by Amy Cortese
- Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money by Woody Tasch
- Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food With Slow Money By Carol Peppe Hewitt
SRI (socially responsible investing) / Impact Investing – Overview
- The Resilient Investor: A Plan for Your Life Not Just Your Money by Hal Brill, Michael Kramer, & Christopher Peck
- Invest Like You Give a Damn: Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night by Marc de Sousa-Shields
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a financial advisor. The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only. Everyone needs to conduct their own due diligence before making any investment.